Spring is just around the corner and the season kicks off festival time in Vicksburg. Whether you are looking for some great live music concerts, great shopping finds, a race on the mighty Mississippi or want to experience the pilgrimage of homes, Vicksburg has a jam-packed spring full of activities.
Vicksburg Spring Pilgrimage: March 22- April 8
This year’s pilgrimage features 12 venues!
- Ahern’s Belle of the Bends, 508 Klein Street
- Baer-Williams House, 1117 Grove Street
- Catherine's Palace, 1501 MLK Jr. Boulevard
- Christ Episcopal Church, 1115 Main Street
- Church of the Holy Trinity, 900 South Street
- Duff Green Mansion, 1114 First East Street
- Featherston-Magruder House, 1117 Cherry Street
- Martha Vick House, 1300 Grove Street
- Mary Harwood House, 600 Fort Hill Drive
- McNutt House, 815 First East Street
- McRaven House, 1445 Harrison Street
- Steele Cottage, 1201 Adams Street
Old Court House Flea Market: April 14
Featuring over 100 vendors around a National Historic Landmark! This event is the biggest fundraiser for the museum and the Historical Society. From arts and crafts to antiques to great food vendors, there is something for everyone.
Alcorn State University Jazz Fest: April 14
The 38th annual event features 22-time Grammy winner Chick Corea! For nearly four decades the Department of Fine Arts at Alcorn State University, with funding from the Mississippi Arts Commission, the Southern Arts Federation and the National Endowment for the Arts, has sponsored what has become Mississippi's longest-running and most prestigious jazz festival. The day-long festival features performances by some of the most outstanding professional jazz musicians and university, college and secondary school jazz ensembles from throughout the United States. Highlights of the festival are the afternoon workshops and an evening concert.
Bluz Cruz Canoe and Kayak Race: April 21
The Bluz Cruz is a 22-mile paddling adventure down the mighty Mississippi River for racers and recreational paddlers. Afterwards, participants can join in the fun up the hill at Vicksburg’s premier festival- RiverFest!
RiverFest: April 20-21
Weekend activities consists of 2 days of music performances by some of the top musicians in the country and local artists. More than 18 Artists will grace our stages like William Michael Morgan, The Original Lakeside, Uncle Kracker, Miki Howard, Shirley Jones of the Legendary Jones Girls and Christone “Kingfish” Ingram of the Mississippi Delta.
The 2018 Event will include:
- Exclusive Sponsor Summit
- More than 20 Acts on 2 Stages
- Riverfest Cocktail Meet & Greet Public Event
- VIP All Access Passport Lounge w/ Food & Drinks
- Cook Off
- Free Daytime Family Fun Activities
- Saturday Jam Session
- Adult Softball Tournament
- Arts & Crafts Flea Market
- Saturday Gospel Session