A Weekend of River Music – Vicksburg’s 31th Annual Riverfest Music & Arts Festival
Now in its 31st year, Riverfest Music and Arts Festival once again trumpets the official start of spring in Vicksburg. Friday and Saturday nights, April 20 and 21, the streets of Vicksburg’s downtown historic district will be rockin’ with the sounds of over 22 musical acts. Saturday daytime activities throughout downtown are free and feature fun for the entire family. Be sure to check out the Kid’s Zone!
April 20th and 21st, Vicksburg’s historic downtown will be the backdrop for family fun, great music, street performers, fabulous sidewalk sales and an incredible array of arts and crafts. On top of that there will be lots of food vendors and all your favorite downtown eateries will be in full swing.
Saturday’s daytime activities begin at 8:00 a.m. so you may want to hit the streets to catch the best selection of arts and crafts. Then head over to the shops and sidewalk sales along Washington Street to find some incredible sidewalk-sale bargains. All daytime activities are free of charge.
SATURDAY DAYTIME ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. RiverFest Arts & Crafts Show – Saturday
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. GospelFest – Saturday
- 10:00- Vision
- 10:30 Ola Jones & Friends
- 11:00 Mighty Train Gospel
- 11:30 Pleasant Valley M.B. Church
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Vicksburg Farmers Market Spring Preview- Saturday
- Elk’s Lodge BBQ Cook-Off- Friday evening and all-day Saturday- 1000 Block of Washington Street
- Artie “Blues Boy” White Presentation- Saturday
- Bluz Cruz Kayaking and Canoe Race- Saturday
- Softball Tournament- Friday & Saturday
- Downtown Merchants Sidewalk Sale along Washington Street (Veto Street to Jackson Street)
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Vicksburg Main Street Performers along Washington Street (Veto Street to Jackson Street)
- Trackless Train- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.- Saturday
- Kid’s Land- All weekend
- Burt Fleming with Wood B Creations- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.- Saturday
- David G. Wonders Magician- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.- Saturday
- Ricky Nobile Character Drawings- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.- Saturday
- Freedom Ranch Animal Show- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.- Saturday
- Meet and Greet with Frank the Camel – 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. Saturday
- Jackson Children Museum- 10-4 p.m. Saturday
- Bozanic Concessions Games for Kids- All weekend
- Mad Baker Cake Walk- Saturday
- Laser Tag- All weekend
- Bungy Run- All weekend
- Inflatable games-All Weekend
- Vicksburg Warren County Public Library- 10:00 – 4:00 p.m. Saturday
- Antique Tractors- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Saturday
- Vicksburg Cruisers Car Club – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fit Zumba –Saturday 11:00 a.m.
- U.S. Corp of Engineers-Water Safety- Saturday
- Hip Hop with Crystal- Saturday- 2:00 p.m.
- Zumba with Monica- Saturday- 1:00 p.m.
- Get On Up Line Dancers- Saturday- 3:30 p.m.
- Mechanical Bull “Mr. Twister”- All Weekend
- Vicksburg Taekwondo- 10:00-10:45 a.m.- Saturday
The gates for Friday night’s lineup will open at 6:00 p.m. as Riverfest 31 presents two stages of live music. On Friday night you can dust off your dancin’ shoes and hit the streets to sounds of D.J. Outlaw, Ralph Miller, Gary Riverwind, Meet the Press, Dennis Fountain, Karen Wolf, and Tucka on the north stage. The south stage will keep the beat going with the sounds of Vicki Baker, D.J. Mailman, Miles Flatt, Miki Howard, The Chill, Smackwater and Uncle Kracker.
Saturday night’s north stage line up will feature the talents of D.J. Outlaw, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Pam Confer, Steve Perry, Jason Stogner and William Michael Morgan. The south stage will present D.J. Mailman, Jameka Franklin, 601 Live Band, Acoustic Crossroads, Shirley Jones and Lakeside.
You can purchase evening concert tickets online at www.riverfestms.com. Evening tickets are $20 per night or $35 for a weekend pass. For a list of all of Vicksburg’s spring events just go to www.visitvicksburg.com. There you will find information all that is happening in Vicksburg: The Key to the South.