How About a Little New Year’s Getaway?
Soon the rush and excitement of Christmas will be behind us and it will be time to consider just exactly how to ring in the New Year. There will surely be great celebrations and resolutions galore throughout Vicksburg. New Year’s Eve is on Saturday so something tells me that there will be lots of partying going on all over town. Take a look at our lodging pages and find that perfect little getaway spot and look over the options for live entertainment on our Event Calendar.
If the luxury and elegance of days gone by tops your list check out one of Vicksburg’s lavishly appointed bed and breakfast inns. The homes range in date from the early 1830s to the mid-1870s featuring architectural styles from Greek Revival to Eastlake Victorian. Each has its own unique character and all reflect the period of grandeur as Vicksburg grew to become the region’s most important city.
Perhaps you would like to spend time up close and personal with the city’s most notable character: Old Man River. Vicksburg’s casino hotels provide you with sweeping vistas of the Mississippi River. Who knows, you may just hit a giant jackpot to help you welcome in the New Year. You will find bountiful buffets and cozy restaurants and let’s not forget great live entertainment.
Here are a few entertainment options for New Year’s weekend:
- Friday, December 30th Chad Perry will be performing at 10 South Rooftop Bar & Grill
- Friday, December 30th Hunter and the Gators will be rocking the house at the Bottleneck Blues Bar
- Friday, December 30th & Saturday December 31st Radio, Inc. will take the stage at 8:00 p.m. at the WaterView Casino Stage
- Saturday, December 31st New Orleans Jukebox will party the night away at the Bottleneck Blues Bar
- Saturday, December 31st Blues Experience will be performing at 10 South
- Saturday, December 31st Snazz will entertain with party-until-you-drop music at Beechwood Restaurant & Lounge
- Saturday, December 31st DJ 2Tall will be spinning party music at the WaterView Casino
- Saturday, December 31st DJ Chris Burks will be spinning party music at the WaterView Casino
You can also attend the New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at the Vicksburg City Auditorium! The event begins at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. Formal attire so bring out your sequins and top hats.
Everything that you need to know to plan a New Year’s celebration getaway can be found by browsing our new website. Be sure to add items to your Favorites List (look for the hearts on the left or click on the heart on the top right to see the full list) so you can plan your trip with ease.