Grey Oaks, originally built on the outskirts of Port Gibson in the Greek Revival style, was once called “Anchuka”. It was bought in 1938 by Michael Morrissey of Vicksburg. Under the supervision of architect James T. Canizaro of Jackson, the house was dismantled and all salvageable parts were used to rebuild the home in the Federal style and renamed Grey Oaks at its present location. The home is an elegant adaptation of an 1830s home. Surrounded by acres of landscaped grounds and towering oaks, and mountains of Kudzu, the house takes on the aura of a romance novel.
For more information call 850-341-9900.