Start the New Year off right by exploring Vicksburg, MS. If you’re looking to kick off your fitness resolutions we have miles of beautiful trails, a scenic downtown, and the banks of the grand Mississippi River at our doorstep to discover by foot and bike. If your resolution is to relax this year we have live music, four casinos, and dozens of delicious food options to choose from. Visit Vicksburg can help you decide where to go to start the New Year with this quick guide to some of the area’s attractions.
Here in Vicksburg, we are fortunate to not only have stunning access to the Mississippi River, but we also have a historic downtown center and dozens of outdoor monuments to explore.
If your resolution included getting more exercise, here are some excellent ways to get fit while enjoying the views we have to offer:
- Pick up a Vicksburg Heritage Walking Trails brochure and mosey through the downtown area while you learn more about this historic district
- Rent a bike or bring your own and pedal around the city
- Visit the six Blues Trail Markers to learn more about the birthplace of blues
If you’d prefer to spend a little time indoors, or you’d rather explore the history of Vicksburg while you get in your steps for the day, we have dozens of monuments and 5 fascinating museums for you to visit.
Relax and Enjoy
The New Year is about starting fresh. You’ve been working hard all year, so why not take a little time to unwind? Here are some ways to get entertained while you ring in the New Year:
- Visit one of our four area casinos and try your luck at the slots or some table games.
- Take in some live music and dance the night away
- Enjoy some of the birds that frequent the shores of the Majestic Miss
Entertain the Kids
If you’re bringing along the family for the New Year’s festivities, be sure to check out our area’s kid-friendly recreation features. Bring along your little ones and explore:
- The Riverfront Murals for some beautiful art
- One of our fine parks where the kids can burn off that winter break energy
- The Vicksburg National Military Park, which features miles of trails and thousands of monuments for some teachable moments (visitor center is open on New Year’s Eve and closed on New Year’s Day)
The kids will also love to adventure around our downtown district, or head to one of our oxbow lake areas to catch a glimpse of some of Vicksburg’s unique wildlife.
Eat Well and Stay With Us
Our downtown district is filled with eateries that cater to several palates and dietary interests. If you’re trying to eat healthy, wholesome foods we have plenty of dining options to satisfy you.
To make the most of your New Year’s visit, stay in one of our cozy, friendly accommodations. We have a number of hotels, cabins, lodges, RV and camping sites, and bed and breakfasts to fit your family’s needs.
Let Us Help You Have a Happy New Year
We want you to help you plan the perfect New Year’s stay in Vicksburg. Contact Visit Vicksburg if you have any questions about our amenities or accommodations, or request a free visitor guide so you can make the most of your stay with us. Happy New Year!