While on vacation, it’s likely that you’re with a group of people. That means it’s important to find activities where everyone can get involved and have fun. In Vicksburg, Mississippi, there are plenty of group activities that provide entertainment while showing off the city’s charm. Visit Vicksburg has highlighted some of these activities so you can keep them in mind while planning your itinerary for your upcoming trip.
The city of Vicksburg is full of historical buildings and landmarks that you can see and learn about one of the various walking tours offered by the Vicksburg Heritage Trails Network Project. There are five Heritage Walking Trails that cover different areas of the city, including:
- Court House Route: This route takes you by the Old Court House Museum, which has been around since the Civil War and has been home to many famous trials.
- Springfield Route: See some of the oldest parts of Vicksburg on this route, which ends at the Catfish Row Art Park, where you can view the Riverfront Murals and other art pieces.
- Heritage Route: At three miles, this is the longest route offered. This route covers Vicksburg’s extensive Civil War history.
- Captain Speeds Route: This route traverses through the city’s very first neighborhood. You can tack this route on to the end of the Heritage Route or complete it on its own.
- Downtown Route: View Vicksburg’s historic downtown area on this route and plan out which restaurants and stores you want to visit.
Get together a foursome and head to the Clear Creek Golf Club, the public 18-hole course in Vicksburg. The scenic course also features a driving range and chipping and putting areas, so you can work on your swing and compete against your friends. After you finish your round, stop by the Lounge for a meal and a drink with your group. The Vicksburg Country Club also has an 18-hole course that has been in operation since 1929. This course is private, but is open to guests of members and has reciprocal deals with other local country clubs.
After a day of walking around town or hitting the links, relax and unwind at one of Vicksburg’s four world-class casinos on the banks of the Mississippi River. Try your luck at the hundreds of different slot machines or the wide range of old and new table games. You can even place bets on your favorite sports teams at the sportsbooks offered on-site. Even if you aren’t a gambler, check out the various restaurants for a delicious meal or the live entertainment options for a fun and exciting night. Don’t worry about staying up too late enjoying yourself, since each casino has their hotel attached to the building so you can rest up and get ready for another day.
Fun for Everyone
Whether you’re with your family or a group of friends, there are group activities for everyone to enjoy in Vicksburg. The blend of history, recreation, and entertainment make the city a great destination. To learn more about the many ways to experience Vicksburg, check out the attractions listed by Visit Vicksburg and see what interests you.